Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ugh! I gave myself a chemical burn!

With graduation fast approaching, this means there will be photos taken... of me. I tend to not like having photos taken of me, unless, well I'm the one taking them. If I'm the one taking them, I'm in control of the angle and such and can take several to get the "one". You know the one, the one that will later be shared with the Facebook world. The one that makes you look far better than you do in day to day life. Yeah. That one. The problem with having photos taken and not being the taker, is there is no control. And I like control.

Ok. Now that we covered that aspect, I can continue on. So, with knowing photos will be taken soon I wanted to try to diminish some early aging signs that have been taunting me. So, I decided to purchase some 10% Glycolic peel "pads". I researched, for hours, many many hours. After I found a brand that everyone was raving about, I purchases some.

Last night after my 2nd application of this product, I moisturized and went to bed. When I woke up this morning my face was COVERED in little itchy red bumps. After several hours of research, I have concluded I gave myself a chemical burn. It's horrible! It looks like I have some sort of disease or something!! Oh the woes of me.

To make matters worse, I really only have till Friday to get this under control. The kids and I are heading to a water park for my daughters cheer competition. I'm sure the massive amounts of chlorine they put in the water will not help, AT ALL!! I only have 10 days until my commencement! Gosh I hope it's at least able to be covered with makeup by then!!!

I did put makeup on today for about 3 hours. Long enough to take the kids to gymnastics. I asked my loving, yet honest hubby how it looked. He said," Like chicken skin, with makeup on it." Are you getting the visual?! Ha! After I got home, I washed my face, and applied Aquaphor healing ointment
( as suggested by several ).

I guess this is what I get for being a lil too concerned about a few very fine lines. Gosh, aging is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment